- What happened: Fourth-seeded Elina Svitolina rolled past unseeded Italian Camila Giorgi to book her spot in the last four of the singles draw at the Tokyo Olympics, 6-4, 6-4.
- Why it matters: Svitolina is the highest seed remaining in the draw, and she has reached the semifinals at the Olympics for the first time, besting her performance at Rio in 2016, when she defeated Serena Williams to reach the quarter-finals but fell to Petra Kvitova in the quarters.
- Who’s next? Svitolina will face an unseeded player in the semis, either Paula Badosa of Spain or Marketa Vondrousova of the Czech Republic.
- Key statistic: Svitolina won in straight sets for the first time at Tokyo. Her previous three wins had all come in deciding third sets.
- The draw for the women’s singles event at the Tokyo Olympics is updated live here at this link
- If you have further questions related to the tennis event at the Tokyo Olympics, hopefully you can find that information here.
Cet article Elina Svitolina, the highest seed remaining in the Olympic women’s singles draw, reaches the semi-finals est apparu en premier sur Tennis Majors.